The Smith-Douglas-More House is one of the few historic structures remaining in Eden Prairie. Built in 1877, the farmhouse served as a home for the Smith and Douglas families, who also welcomed boarders from the nearby railroad station. In the 1950s, electricity was added to the home by its occupants.
MacDonald & Mack was hired to provide design services for the restoration and rehabilitation of the house for new use as a Dunn Brothers coffee shop. (It has since changed ownership and is now Smith Coffee & Cafe.)
The project included a full interior renovations and new addition as well as structural stabilization; electrical, HVAC, fire suppression and security system upgrades; and exterior repairs.